Tales from the Broke Bride

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I'm a Sightseeing Adventurer

Today, I went on a run. By run, I mean of course that I sprinted for 10 seconds and walked for 50 seconds for 10 minutes. I'm not a distance person. It's important to have endurance, sure, I mean you've got to be ready to outrun the zombies when the time comes, but I think you're a little crazy if you run marathons and nonsense like that. Bad ass? Yes. Crazy? Yeah, you're that too. Let's be real; the first guy that ever ran a marathon DIED. Yeah, look up your Greek history. That being said, I'll never be one of those people that enjoys running. I do, however, love going on walks. At that speed (which isn't too much slower than my long distance running speed), you can see and take in so much more. You can feel the sun on your skin and the breeze in your hair. It's heaven on earth. So in my running/walking-then-walking-some-more excursion, I saw some pretty great things that I didn't know about my community. Let me introduce you to Shady Grove through pictures...

The dog park

We have our very own troll bridge!

Enclosed yard with a ramp? Living the dream.

Who doesn't want a ramp?

'Merica!

These are actually weather vanes.  Cool, huh?

See that bricked walkway up to their DECK??? #fancy

These folks aren't playing around.

They have a house behind their house... No clue.

The corner lot did some landscaping. Pretty sweet!

And then there are these people who are actually my neighbors. Now, that is what's up. #Firefly


I live in a pretty cool place. My neighbors wave and say hello when they see each other. A man who didn't speak English helped me fix a machine in the workout room. (I thanked him in Spanish, and thank goodness he didn't believe I actually knew Spanish. I have a very limited vocabulary.) All in all, it's a nice community with nice people who just like the nomad lifestyle. Who came blame them? Don't we all have that adventurous spirit within us that makes us wonder what's just beyond our vision?  That makes us strive for something new, something exciting? Don't we all thirst for that? I know I do. Let's really experience life and have some stories for the grand kids. 

Stay thirsty, and take a walk,
Ray
















No comments:

Post a Comment